September is a great time to promote the benefits of life insurance. Why? Because it’s Life Insurance Awareness Month (#LIAM2015)! Get clients to re-evaluate their policies by using social media to share resources and content about the importance of having adequate life insurance that best fits their current life situations.
Social media also is a great channel to educate prospects – especially if they’re part of the 40% of consumers who don’t have life insurance at all – on why they need coverage to secure their loved ones’ financial well-being, and how it’s not as costly as they might think.
To that end, we’ve put together the following pre-written social media posts that you can simply cut-and-paste and share on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or any other social network of your choice. They all include the hashtag #LIAM2015 to help increase the visibility of your posts. You can schedule these to publish throughout the month, to keep the topic fresh in the minds of consumers. (Be sure to get compliance approval before using and/or customizing this content.)
1) Study shows Americans have less insurance since the recession, leaving families vulnerable http://bit.ly/1spioCb #LIAM2015
2) 8 in 10 Americans overestimate the cost of life insurance. What’s the true price tag? http://lifehap.pn/1aeF0y7 #LIAM2015
3) Do you have the right coverage? Calculate how much your family will need in case the unexpected happens http://lifehap.pn/1icrq0n #LIAM2015
4) Check out ‘Blackish’ star Anthony Anderson’s personal story about the importance of life insurance http://read.bi/1Qr0et0 #LIAM2015
5) 7 smart moves for new (and experienced) families to secure their financial future http://lifehap.pn/1M2Sr30 #LIAM2015
6) Over 40% of Americans are not covered by some form of life insurance; are you one of them? More stats here http://bit.ly/1OI9Y0C #LIAM2015
7) Learn what health conditions life insurers look for when determining rates http://lifehap.pn/1iDquFb #LIAM2015
8) If any of these events happened in your life recently, you should re-evaluate your insurance needs http://bit.ly/1iDqxB0 #LIAM2015
9) Did you know life insurance could do these 5 things? http://lifehap.pn/1dxUbVX #LIAM2015
10) Quitting smoking can lead to significant savings on life insurance http://ti.me/1HL2zNb #LIAM2015
Below are additional suggestions:
Send a client who just had a baby this great reminder flyer that they need to protect their loved ones. Click here.
Post this great graphic quote of actor, comedian and LIAM spokesperson Anthony Anderson with his passionate message about life insurance on Facebook or LinkedIn. Add a heartfelt line about why you’re sharing. It’s a low-key way to let people know what you do for a living. Click here.
Also, be sure to check out our partners Life Happens and LIMRA’s website for more resources, including statistics, graphics, calculators and more to help educate consumers about life insurance and their individual needs.
Life Lessons Scholarship program eases the financial burden of college when a parent or guardian dies without life insurance. Deadline to apply is: March 3, 2015 at 4pm EST. It’s not too late!
Losing a parent or guardian is hard enough—the emotional strain and sense of loss can be devastating to a child or young adult—but losing a parent or guardian who has little or no life insurance can be even more emotionally and financially devastating for many families just trying to make ends meet.
When Shane LeBarge lost his father during his first month of college, his family wasn’t prepared for the emotional and financial toll that this would cause. Still coping with his own grief, Shane stumbled upon an organization that would eventually change his life for the better.
The organization, Life Happens, is a nonprofit organization dedicated to educating Americans about the importance of life insurance. Through its annual Life Lessons Scholarship Program, now in its 11th year, the organization will award over $200,000 in scholarship, ranging from $5,000 to $15,000, to college students who are experiencing hardship after the death of a parent or legal guardian who did not have life insurance.
To be considered, applicants will need to submit a 500-word essay or 3-minute video that describes how their lives have been affected, both emotionally and financially, by the death of a parent or guardian.
Shane’s advice to other families who are unsure about needing life insurance:
“We were just like you. This happens to people like you everyday, just as it did for us. You don’t want your family to have to live with the consequences of not getting life insurance.”
After overcoming his fears, Shane took the step to apply for a Life Lessons Scholarship and was awarded the grand prize scholarship for his essay that described his father as a “baby-boomer who loved music.”
Below is important information about the program:
- 3 Grand Prize Winners to receive $15,000 scholarships
- 10 First Runners-Up to receive $8,000 scholarships
- 11 Second Runners-Up to receive $5,000 scholarships
- 2 Sponsored scholarship recipients to receive $10,000
- 2 Sponsored scholarship recipients to receive $12,500
- The application for the Life Lessons Scholarship must be submitted in full on March 3, 2015 at 4pm Eastern.
- Potential winners will be selected around June 2015 and will be notified by telephone and/or email.
- Open to college students and college-bound high school seniors (between ages 17 – 24) who have experienced the death of a parent or legal guardian.
- For complete program rules, please click here.
- Fill out the Life Lessons Scholarship Application on the application page.
- Write a 500-word essay or record a 3-minute video.
For more information, read more of Shane LaBarge’s compelling story: I Saw I Could Save Families From What Happened to Mine, and watch past scholarship recipients here.
For questions about the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (202) 464-5000 x4446.
Hearsay Social is a proud partner of Life Happens, Inc. and is happy to support the Life Lessons Scholarship Program for deserving families who have lost a parent or guardian without life insurance.
Sharing compelling content is the most effective way to engage an audience on social. The challenge is that there is an endless supply of material coming from every possible direction. At a certain point, it all just starts to sound like noise.
So how can advisors rise above that noise to deliver information of value to their customers? How do you decide what’s best for your social channels?
Hearsay Social recently signed content partnerships with Broadridge, Life Happens, NewsCred and Trapit so that agents and advisors can always access high-value, compelling industry and general interest content to share on social and engage their audiences.
By working with these great companies, we’ve come up with a few important tips for social media publishing that will help investment professionals clear through the clutter to drive meaningful interactions with clients.
Continue reading this article over at ThinkAdvisor.
Content sharing is crucial to staying top of mind and sparking conversations with prospects and clients, and our customers in the financial industry have demanded access to more compelling content to share.
With that in mind, today we’re proud to announce that Hearsay Social has partnered with several industry-leading content providers–Broadridge Financial Solutions, Life Happens, NewsCred, and Trapit–in order to seamlessly source and effectively facilitate the publishing of high-quality, relevant content through social media.
Regularly publishing content to social networks is crucial to maintaining an active presence and staying top of mind with current and prospective clients. The Hearsay Social Content Exchange helps advisors and other financial representatives easily create, curate, and manage social content across their personal and professional networks. Through these new partnerships, the Hearsay Social Content Exchange is making it easier than ever for our customers to distribute engaging, pre-approved third-party content to their networks:
“We’re very excited to see Hearsay Social forming partnerships with several leaders in content marketing, discovery, and curation. No other offering in the industry provides the same level of content publishing and compliance in one robust social business platform.”
— Ruth Papazian, CMO and Head of Business Development at HD Vest Financial Services
Today’s announcement comes on the heels of last week’s news, in which we announced our expanded partnership program with several leaders in security and compliance, including Autonomy, Daegis AXS-One, Presensoft, Proofpoint, and Symantec.
Read more about Hearsay Social’s partnerships here: