As a special holiday treat, eMarketer is sharing a complimentary report entitled Key Digital Trends for 2015.
The report is broken up into three distinct sections. First, it describes the the five key trends in consumer behavior and technology adoption that every marketer needs to know about. Next, it delves into five buzzy technologies that could possibly gain traction in 2015, but are still unproven. Finally, it plainly calls out the areas that “are more hot air than hard reality.”
Here’s a brief outline of the findings:
Five key things you need to know about 2015
- ‘Responsiveness’ will rule
- Mobile search will surpass desktop
- Programmatic will move beyond digital display
- The Internet of things will become a thing
- Cross-device targeting at scale
Five things that might get big (but might not)
- Wearables: not quite ready to wear
- Mobile payments? Wait until next year
- New life for social commerce
- Will content marketing sputter?
- Cord-cutting: still more hype than reality
Five things you won’t need to worry about
- The desktop
- QR codes: not the next big thing
- Social TV: the conversation is pretty quiet
- Baby boomers: going bust
- Privacy? Security? Yawn.
Learn more by downloading the full report and exploring additional resources below.