Leading Social Media Platform Powers Five Million Customer Interactions, Over 16,000 Social Pages Across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+
Hearsay Social CEO Clara Shih Appointed to Starbucks Board of Directors
December 14, 2011 — San Francisco, CA — Hearsay Social, provider of the leading enterprise social marketing platform, today announced several key milestones, including record customer growth, massive scale of social media interactions across millions of consumers, strategic expansion of its executive team, and comprehensive integration with all major social networks. Additionally, Hearsay Social CEO Clara Shih has been appointed to the Starbucks Board of Directors.
“With a billion consumers on Facebook, it has never been more important for businesses to be on social, and there has never been a better time for Hearsay Social,” said Ms. Shih. “Our customers’ success has inspired us to expand into new industries and integrate onto new networks, as well as continue building our leadership team. I am humbled and excited to be joining the Starbucks Board and can think of no greater validation to the social business imperative Hearsay Social introduced to the market.”
Hearsay Social’s award-winning platform is the only comprehensive social media solution for the enterprise, delivering brand and regulatory protection as well as business results across every major social network at every level of the organization, from the corporate brand to regional managers to local representatives. Today, tens of thousands of company brand ambassadors use Hearsay Social to deepen customer relationships across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.
“Since our company launch in February, we have seen customers on Hearsay Social unleash the transformational power of social media to drive sales, loyalty, and referrals,” said Hearsay Social co-founder and Chief Technology Officer Steve Garrity. “We could not be more excited about our customers’ tremendous success.”
Today, Hearsay Social is announcing record momentum:
- Fueled by explosive customer growth, the Hearsay Social platform now facilitates over 5 million customer interactions. In addition, Hearsay Social powers over 16,000 social pages and profiles.
- Over the past six months, Hearsay Social has multiplied its customer base sixfold, adding new enterprise-class customers in several key verticals, including retail, insurance, financial services, hospitality, medical, automotive, and real estate.
- To keep up with the hyper-growth, Hearsay Social also announced today that it has hired Rob van Es as Vice President of Global Sales and Amy Millard as Vice President of Marketing, bolstering the company’s leadership team.Rob van Es brings to Hearsay Social nearly two decades of experience in enterprise software sales at Rational Software, IBM, and most recently Fortify Software (acquired by HP in 2010). Amy Millard is an experienced marketing leader having run marketing organizations at leading industry companies including Netscape and MarketTools.
- The Hearsay Social platform continues to deliver the latest innovation to customers. The platform now supports comprehensive integration with all the major social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+, for which it is the sole industry partner for the insurance and financial industries.
About the Hearsay Social Platform
The Hearsay Social platform delivers enterprise-class scale, reliability, security, and compliance for enterprises on social media. Today, tens of thousands of agents, local representatives, and franchisees rely on the Hearsay Social platform to engage in brand-compliant social conversations with over five million customers. The Hearsay Social platform is the only comprehensive platform that both protects and empowers on every social network and at every level of the organization, from firm to business unit to individual employee:
- Hearsay Social Content Publisher for scheduling posts and campaigns across firm, business unit, and individual employee profiles
- Hearsay Social CRM for deepening customer relationships
- Hearsay Social Analytics to roll-up metrics across all firm and employee profiles
- Hearsay Social Compliance Module for FINRA/SEC compliance and infraction monitoring, brand
protection, and Rogue Page Finder
- Hearsay Social Enterprise Architecture including enterprise scale and single sign-on
About Hearsay Social
The world’s largest brands, including State Farm, Farmers Group, and 24 Hour Fitness, use Hearsay Social’s award-winning technology platform to achieve regulatory compliance, build stronger customer relationships, and bolster their brand across all the major social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+. Hearsay Social has raised $21M from Sequoia Capital, NEA, and top executives from Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, and YouTube, and is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in New York and Ohio.