Achieves 400% Customer Growth in First Nine Months of 2012
Sweeps Industry Accolades from Fast Company, Fortune, InformationWeek, Goldman Sachs, and Ovum
October 19, 2012 — San Francisco, CA — Hearsay Social, provider of the leading social sales and marketing platform, today announced incredible market validation and accelerating growth. Having recently announced new customers across several different industries, Hearsay Social has also received critical acclaim and honors this month from Fortune, Fast Company, Vanity Fair, InformationWeek, and Goldman Sachs for its groundbreaking innovation, thought leadership, and track record of enabling Fortune 500 customers from Northwestern Mutual to CORT Furniture to successfully achieve business results and good governance on social media.
Over the past month, Hearsay Social has seen record momentum and milestones:
● Hearsay Social has grown its user base by 400% in just the first nine months of 2012. Hearsay Social recently announced several marquee customer wins in the insurance, financial services, real estate, and direct selling industries, including AXA Equitable, Primerica, and Shaklee.
● Independent analyst research firm Ovum featured Hearsay Social in an “On the Radar” report, revealing how Hearsay Social software “empower[s] sales teams via actionable insights and customizable content” on social media. Download the report for free here.
● Hearsay Social CEO Clara Shih was featured in the November 2012 cover story of Fast Company magazine as a “Generation Flux Leader” whose work is helping to influence “the future of this country and of our global economy” alongside Cisco CTO Padmasree Warrior and Box CEO Aaron Levie.
● Ms. Shih also recently made it onto Fortune and CNNMoney’s Top 40 Under 40 list alongside other business stars such as Google co-founder and CEO Larry Page, Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg, and Yahoo! CEO Marissa Mayer.
● Vanity Fair featured Ms. Shih as part of “The New Establishment in Silicon Valley” along with One Kings Lane founder Alison Pincus, Kleiner Perkins partner Juliet de Baubigny, and All Things Digital executive editor Kara Swisher.
● For the second year in a row, Ms. Shih was highlighted at Fortune’s Most Powerful Women Summit in Laguna Niguel, CA, where she spoke on a panel with Carol Bartz (former CEO of Yahoo!) and Anne Mulcahy (former CEO of Xerox).
● Honored by Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein as one of the 100 most innovative entrepreneurs of 2012, Ms. Shih will be joining President Bill Clinton, best-selling author Malcolm Gladwell, and Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg next week for the Goldman Sachs Builders & Innovators Summit in Newport Beach, CA.
● Hearsay Social was selected to present as an innovative company at InformationWeek 500 conference in October. Additionally, Hearsay Social co-founder and CTO Steve Garrity will be a guest on Valley View, InformationWeek’s live online show all about the latest technology from Silicon Valley. The show will be taking place October 24 at 11 AM PT. Register for the show here.
Comments on Hearsay Social’s Momentum:
“Great leaders build great companies,” said Bryan Schreier, partner, Sequoia Capital. “We’re proud to partner with Clara, Steve, and the Hearsay Social team as they build both the market leader in enterprise social media and an enduring business.”
“We are honored to have Clara join us as one of the top 100 most innovative entrepreneurs at this inaugural event,” said David Solomon, co-head of investment banking at Goldman Sachs. “This gathering is the first of its kind, bringing together emerging entrepreneurs from a diverse set of industries with more seasoned entrepreneurs to discuss how to build great and enduring companies that reshape their industries and make the world better through innovation.”
“What a month for Hearsay Social and, more importantly, our customers! Steve and I are humbled by the reception Hearsay Social has received in 2012,” said Ms. Shih. “On behalf of the entire team, a heartfelt thank you to all our customers, investors, and strategic partners for their enduring guidance as we work toward our vision of social sales and marketing success for the enterprise.”
About the Hearsay Social Platform
For enterprises with large sales organizations or store networks, Hearsay Social’s social sales and marketing software will enable your salespeople to increase revenue using social media by acquiring and continuously engaging customers on social platforms. Hearsay Social is the only software that increases revenue, referrals, and renewals by transforming the entire enterprise into a social business, including sales, marketing, compliance, and HR.
● Hearsay Social Sales Module for easy social media page and profile management for non-technical sales users, one-click publishing of content and campaigns provided by corporate marketing teams, and intuitive personal analytics.
● Hearsay Social Marketing Module for the sophisticated needs of social media marketing teams. Manage hundreds of corporate social media pages and review thousands of sales-managed pages. Easily manage thousands of apps and posts per day and suggest engaging content to employees, stores, or branches. Now including Content Exchange to discover, curate, and share content from content partners.
● Hearsay Social Compliance Module for FINRA/SEC and other regulatory compliant infraction monitoring, capturing, archiving, and Rogue Page Finder.
● Hearsay Social Enterprise IT Module including single sign-on (SSO), LDAP directory integration, and integration with CA Siteminder and HP Autonomy to deliver security, compliance, ease of use, and scale.
About Hearsay Social
The world’s largest companies, including AXA Equitable, Northwestern Mutual, Thrivent Financial, Farmers Insurance Group, and 24 Hour Fitness, use Hearsay Social’s award-winning technology platform to achieve regulatory compliance, build stronger customer relationships, and bolster their brand across all the major social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and foursquare. Hearsay Social, a SIFMA strategic partner, has raised $21M from Sequoia Capital, NEA, and top executives from Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, and YouTube, and is headquartered in Silicon Valley with dedicated local presences in New York, Chicago, Atlanta, Austin, London, and Paris.