What are you looking for in your next company? An open, friendly culture? Smart application of an excellent tech stack? Real diversity? Rock-solid products? If these matter to you, we have some great things to talk about.
Hearsay Systems is hiring a rockstar Paralegal to join our Budapest office!
Are you proactive and always prepared? Are you a natural at building relationships? Do you possess stellar communication skills? Do you have incredible attention to detail that gives you the foresight to address issues before they arise? If you've said yes to all those questions, then I think this position is perfect for you!
Who is Hearsay?
Hearsay Systems leads the field in offering sophisticated client engagement products to companies within the financial services vertical. Founded in 2009 and helmed by Clara Shih, we are a tightly knit and dedicated group that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products engage customers across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram, email, text, and voice. And every product syncs beautifully to Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, and other CRM systems.
Hearsay is used by more than 170,000 financial advisors and insurance agents. Our clients include Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, New York Life and Allstate. We enable them to get a real-time pulse of field conversations and to trigger more effective targeted advisor-client outreach with AI-optimized calls, text messages, email follow-ups, and social media interactions.
- You are proactive and have stellar communication skills
- Must be detail-focused, and have the foresight to address issues before they arise in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Law degree
- At least 3 years experience in a respective role
- Experience with legal document drafting and reviewing, e.g. NDAs, variety of contracts, Knowledge of US law preferred
- Excellent written and spoken knowledge of English, including legal English
- Experience with Carta, Salesforce, SpringCM (or similar), GoogleSuite preferred
- Review and execution of transaction documents e.g. NDAs, DPAs and engagement letters
- Coordinate our global equity administration, including drafting accurate stock option grants and exercises for lawyer review, administration of Carta (equity management system)
- Provide timely and accurate stock reports needed to support our accounting and finance functions (including international tax)
- Manage and maintain vendor contract management process, including negotiation and deal formation activities, administration of SpringCM (contract management system)
- Lead all legal-related topics concerning operations in Hungary
- Perform legal and non-legal or factual research using a variety of legal research tools for case law, legislation, commentary, company and business information and practical guidance
- Proactively foster opportunities to streamline processes and automate routine tasks
- Ad-hoc legal consultation on variety of topics
- Contribution with our contracts process such as renewals with focus on EMEA, drafting and record keeping
- Contribute to maintenance of Hearsay’s data privacy program, including filing and creating documentation for compliance with GDPR and other local, national and international privacy regulations
- Develop and enforce international employment and labor compliance procedures that can be executed cross-functionally for all Hearsay offices around the world