Functional Analyst, Client Solutions
What are you looking for in your next company? An open, friendly culture? Smart application of an excellent tech stack? Real diversity? Rock-solid products? If these matter to you, we have some great things to talk about.
Hearsay Systems is looking for a talented Functional Analyst to join our growing Solutions Engineering team in our Budapest office.
As a Functional Analyst at Hearsay, you'll be responsible for developing and documenting detailed functional and technical specifications in the form of user stories on key client projects related to the configuration of product, integrations with 3rd-party systems and build-out of any custom feature enhancements. You'll be working in a startup environment at one of Silicon Valley’s leading enterprise software companies; working side by side with Professional Services leads (U.S. based) and engineers that have years of experience designing and scaling systems. If you enjoy solutioning for specific client problems, translating high-level business requirements into detailed functional and technical specifications, collaborate with developers to ensure user stories are clear and coded to meet specific acceptance criteria, then read on and apply!
Who is Hearsay?
Hearsay Systems leads the field in offering sophisticated client engagement products to companies within the financial services vertical. Founded in 2009 by Clara Shih and Steve Garrity, and helmed by CEO Mike Boese, Hearsay Systems leads the field in offering sophisticated client engagement products to companies within the financial services vertical. We are a tightly knit and dedicated group that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products engage customers across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram, email, text, and voice. And every product syncs beautifully to Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, and other CRM systems.
Hearsay is used by more than 170,000 financial advisors and insurance agents. Our clients include Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, New York Life and Allstate. We enable them to get a real-time pulse of field conversations and to trigger more effective targeted advisor-client outreach with AI-optimized calls, text messages, email follow-ups, and social media interactions.
Our Budapest team is critical to the whole firm. As a very dynamically expanding office -with a great growth trajectory -our sister offices in San Francisco, Manila, New York, and Seattle rely on us for software development, sales engineering, and data analysis.
About the role:
- Partner with Client Engagement and Implementation managers (U.S. based) to develop detailed user stories with the necessary technical details, edge cases and exception scenarios factored in
- Collaborate with the Solution Engineers to clarify business rules, handling of exception scenarios etc. through the development cycle
- Review and test user stories at the end of each sprint cycle, logging bugs as appropriate
- Manage issue and risk logs for projects and ensure they are addressed in a timely manner
- Partner with customer resources and Hearsay teams to develop any additional training, communications, and support materials specific to the client implementation
- Assist in setting up standard requirements templates, best practices for specific design decisions and help scale the Solution Engineering practice effectively
- Provide coordination around time tracking and resource forecasting to facilitate streamlined operations and better predictability of timelines
- Documentation of customer case studies post implementation
- 3+ years of Experience working in a Services environment taking loosely defined business questions and translating them into clearly defined technical/data specifications
- Experience working in an agile setting defining clear requirements in user story format and well thought-out acceptance criteria
- Experience making business recommendations and influencing stakeholders while creatively solutioning for client problems
- Experience with defining API-based solutions for integrating cloud-based systems
- Hands-on experience working with CRM systems like Salesforce or MS Dynamics
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills with an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
- Ability to dive deeply into data integrity issues where necessary
- Proficient in the use of JIRA for agile delivery processes
- Eager to learn and employ new technologies to achieve faster and better results
- Basic Project Management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects at a given time
- Strong customer management skills
- Outstanding English communication skills, both verbal and written
We offer you:
- Central location with fantastic colleagues
- Exposure to and collaboration with Fortune 500 companies
- Opportunity to advance Hearsay solution offerings and influence core product decisions
- Competitive salary with benefits
- On-site food and beverages