What are you looking for in your next company? An open, friendly culture? Smart application of an excellent tech stack? Real diversity? Rock-solid products? If these matter to you, we have some great things to talk about!
Hearsay Systems is looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our growing Budapest engineering team!
As a Software Engineer at Hearsay, you will get direct experience designing, developing, testing and deploying services that work at high scale and with enterprise reliability. You'll be working in a startup culture at one of Silicon Valley’s leading enterprise companies; working side by side with engineers that have years of experience designing and scaling extremely large systems.
You will be a key player in developing and improving new and existing flagship Hearsay products ranging from our workflow execution platform that solves strategic scenarios in customer outreach to business-critical APIs that allow seamless connections to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
If this sounds intriguing to you, then read on and apply!
Who is Hearsay?
Hearsay Systems is transforming how bankers, advisors, and insurance agents acquire and service customers in an increasingly digital and regulated environment. Founded in 2009 by Clara Shih and Steve Garrity, and helmed by CEO Mike Boese, Hearsay Systems leads the field in offering sophisticated client engagement products to companies within the financial services vertical. We are a tightly knit and dedicated group that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products engage customers across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram, email, text, and voice. And every product syncs beautifully to Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, and other CRM systems.
Hearsay is used by more than 170,000 financial advisors and insurance agents. Our clients include Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, New York Life and Allstate. We enable them to get a real-time pulse of field conversations and to trigger more effective targeted advisor-client outreach with AI-optimized calls, text messages, email follow-ups, and social media interactions.
About the role:
- Collaborate with various engineering teams, product management, and design to execute a diverse range of engineering challenges that touch every aspect of Hearsay products
- Contribute to product architecture to ensure seamless development of new product features and architect infrastructure to support a fast-growing user base
- Be directly responsible for multiple components within the platform
- Share your thoughts on product features, the user experience, or literally anything else across the company
- 3+ Years developing business solutions with a strongly typed OOP language like Java, Kotlin, C# or Python (at Hearsay you’ll work with Python and Kotlin!)
- You've got experience working across the technical stack, developing modern web apps, and building systems that scale
- You have strong opinions about what good code is, and can make persuasive arguments to influence your team (and the rest of the company)
- Ability to communicate in English (speaking, reading, and writing)
- Solid understanding of relational databases (tables, queries, data types, indices), understanding schema design
- Understanding of data flows between systems on networks and basic security constructs that are used in on-premise and cloud based enterprise solutions
- You love working with a diverse group of people, with different approaches and styles
- Ability to learn new technologies and frameworks quickly
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in software development
- REST APIs
- Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics or another CRM system
- Terraform, Terragrunt, Travis-CI, Bash
- Spring Framework (Spring Data, Spring Cloud)
- Distributed messaging
- AWS (Lambda, SQS, SNS, Kinesis, ECS)