Engineering Manager, Retain & Grow
Hearsay Systems is looking for a talented Engineering Manager with a technical background to join our engineering team to lead one of our Retain & Grow scrum teams!
As the manager of this team, you will manage project goals, contribute to product strategy, and lead the design, build, and deployment of systems across our stack. We care deeply about our people and expect our managers to hire, retain, mentor and grow their teams -- but we’re a small, fast-moving company and need managers who have the technical chops to roll up their sleeves and deploy code too.
Hearsay’s Retain & Grow solutions leverage Hearsay's omnichannel communication capabilities and powerful journey engine to drive business outcomes specific to financial services sub-verticals (wealth, property and casualty insurance, etc.) via client engagement. Our team is hyper-focused on building advisor-client relationships to increase client retention rates and grow the advisor’s business with every client. In addition to driving the client retention and client growth portion of the advisor-client engagement lifecycle, Retain & Grow is the primary owner of Hearsay’s 1:1 client engagement capabilities, including texting, voice, direct messaging, and other communication channels.
About Hearsay Systems:
Founded in 2009 by Clara Shih and Steve Garrity, and helmed by CEO Mike Boese, Hearsay Systems leads the field in offering sophisticated client engagement products to companies within the financial services vertical. We are a tightly knit and dedicated group that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products engage customers across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram, email, text, and voice. And every product syncs beautifully to Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, and other CRM systems.
Hearsay is used by more than 170,000 financial advisors and insurance agents. Our clients include Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, New York Life and Allstate. We enable them to get a real-time pulse of field conversations and to trigger more effective targeted advisor-client outreach with AI-optimized calls, text messages, email follow-ups, and social media interactions.
About the role:
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects
- Guide your team in making the best short- and long-term decisions for your projects
- Mentor engineers on your team to augment their technical skills and grow their careers
- Manage the build of industry-leading user experiences for our clients
- Whiteboard new features for our product and discuss how to best implement it
- Review code changes from and with your teamWork with our customer-facing teams to ensure successful project roll-out
- Endless thirst for growth and self-improvement
- Change-embracer, continually searching for opportunities to improve strategies and behaviors
- Passion for growing people and teams, and fostering their ever-greater success
- A love of building elegant software and a passion for sharing that with others
- Strong opinions on what constitutes “good code” and “bad code”
- The ability to listen to other people's strong opinions (and even change yours occasionally)
- 7+ years of experience in industry developing web apps and platforms
- 3+ years of experience managing engineering teams
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent experience