Director of Accounting and Revenue Management
We're building a platform that strengthens human relationships. Join us.
What are you looking for in your next company? Rock-solid products? Enormous, well-defined sales opportunities? A collaborative, friendly culture? Smart application of an excellent tech stack? Real diversity? If any of these matter to you, we have some great things to talk about.
Hearsay Systems is looking to bring on a Director for Accounting and Revenue Management to join our Budapest office!
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Director of Accounting and Revenue Management will oversee all the day to day accounting activities of the Company and will be critical in laying the solid foundation, tools, and processes to scale the company to support growth. This position will be hands on, developing the team members and tightening up the close timetable and processes. Interaction and coordination with colleagues in FP&A, Legal, Sales and various other departments across the Company to ensure proper accounting treatment and accurate financial results while also maintaining effective internal controls is critical. The Director of Accounting and Revenue Management will play a key leadership role in the accounting organization around process improvement, system implementations and optimizations, standardizing processes globally, and mentoring the Accounting team.
Who is Hearsay?
Hearsay Systems is transforming how bankers, advisors, and insurance agents acquire and service customers in an increasingly digital and regulated environment. Founded in 2009 and helmed by Clara Shih, we are a tightly knit and dedicated group that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products engage customers across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, email, text, and voice. Every Hearsay product syncs beautifully with Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, and other CRM systems.
Hearsay is used by more than 170,000 financial advisors and insurance agents. Our clients include Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, New York Life and Allstate. We enable them to get a real-time pulse of field conversations and to trigger more effective targeted advisor-client outreach with AI-optimized calls, text messages, email follow-ups, and social media interactions.
About the role:
- Manage daily accounting operations, including general ledger, AP, AR, and tax with a focus on internal controls
- Prepares and reviews monthly financial statements and trend analysis to ensure completeness and accuracy of results, ensures account balances are fully reconciled, and manages preparing the financial results in a timely manner per defined timelines
- Lead the revenue recognition process under ASC 606 and deferral and recognition of cost of revenue under ASC 340
- Partner cross functionally in designing an adaptable, automated revenue accounting system in order to achieve scalability
- Research technical accounting issues in compliance with US GAAP and providing guidance and recommendations
- Liaise and manage the coordination with external auditors during annual audits
- Work with FP&A to ensure results are reasonable and fluctuations are researched
- Implement internal control procedures, drive the identification of inefficiencies and opportunities for process improvements, and optimize ERP and other systems impacting financials, revenue, reporting, and accounting operations
- Manage and mentor direct reports for development in their respective areas
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant credentials required
- 6-10 years of overall experience, at least 4 years of general accounting experience, at least 2 years in a software or SaaS revenue accounting role, and prior public accounting experience preferred
- Strong understanding of US GAAP accounting principles, including multi-element software revenue recognition
- Extensive knowledge of ASC 606
- The ability to think strategically, formulate plans and articulate recommendations
- Experience with major ERP and other systems, NetSuite and SalesForce is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with ability to work across many departments
- A natural go-getter attitude, data-driven, detail oriented, hands on, sense of urgency and with ability to follow through and implement process improvements
- central location with fantastic colleagues
- competitive salary with benefits
- on-site food and beverages