Engineering Manager, Nurture & Convert
What are you looking for in your next company? An open, friendly culture? Smart application of an excellent tech stack? Real diversity? Rock-solid products? If these matter to you, we have some great things to talk about.
Hearsay Systems is looking for a talented Engineering Manager with a technical background to join our growing Budapest engineering team to lead one of our Nurture & Convert scrum teams!
As an Engineering Manager at Hearsay, you will spearhead technology efforts and manage a talented group of engineers working on every major product Hearsay has to offer. You'll be working in a startup culture at one of Silicon Valley’s leading enterprise companies; working side by side with engineers that have years of experience designing and scaling systems.
Who is Hearsay?
Hearsay Systems leads the field in offering sophisticated client engagement products to companies within the financial services vertical. Founded in 2009 by Clara Shih and Steve Garrity, and helmed by CEO Mike Boese, Hearsay Systems leads the field in offering sophisticated client engagement products to companies within the financial services vertical. We are a tightly knit and dedicated group that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products engage customers across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram, email, text, and voice. And every product syncs beautifully to Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, and other CRM systems.
Hearsay is used by more than 170,000 financial advisors and insurance agents. Our clients include Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, New York Life and Allstate. We enable them to get a real-time pulse of field conversations and to trigger more effective targeted advisor-client outreach with AI-optimized calls, text messages, email follow-ups, and social media interactions.
About the role:
- Supervise and mentor Engineers of different seniority levels, which includes un-blocking day-to-day software development challenges
- Establish and enforce delivery standards for all aspects of software development from requirements analysis and design to development and quality assurance
- Strong partnership with your Product Manager in defining and delivering the product roadmap
- Lead and understand the architecture design process. This includes contributing to cross team efforts
- Lead and grow a team of Software Engineers and QA Engineers
- Proven track record in successfully building engineering teams and taking them to the next level
- Leading a Software Engineering team in a fast paced, delivery-focused environment
- Strong coding ability, with core skills in any backend languages (ie. Python / Java /Kotlin)
- Familiarity leveraging SDLC tools like the Atlassian suite; expertise in code review, repository management, code deployment standards, and automated test suites
- Knowledge of broader enterprise eco-system of technologies including DevOps, CI/CD, Automated testing (e.g Selenium), Cloud Services
- Strong people management skills
- Proven ability to manage stakeholders and projects effectively
- Outstanding English communication skills, both verbal and written
We offer you:
- Central location with fantastic colleagues, which is basically your home until pandemia threats us to get together
- Great challenges
- Competitive salary with benefits
- On-site food and beverages once we can get back to the office