Front End Software Engineer
What are you looking for in your next company? Rock-solid products? Enormous, well-defined sales opportunities? A collaborative, friendly culture? Smart application of an excellent tech stack? Real diversity? If any of these matter to you, we have some great things to talk about.
Hearsay Systems is looking for a talented Front End Software Engineer to join our growing Budapest Engineering Team!
As a Software Engineer at Hearsay, you will get direct experience designing, developing, testing and deploying services that work at high scale and with enterprise reliability. You'll be working in a startup culture at one of Silicon Valley’s leading enterprise companies; working side by side with engineers that have years of experience designing and scaling extremely large systems.
You will be a key player in developing and improving new and existing flagship Hearsay products ranging from our Social Selling Platform to Compliant Texting solutions.
If this sounds intriguing to you, then read on and apply!
Who is Hearsay?
Hearsay Systems is transforming how bankers, advisors, and insurance agents acquire and service customers in an increasingly digital and regulated environment. Founded in 2009 by Clara Shih and Steve Garrity, and helmed by CEO Mike Boese, Hearsay Systems leads the field in offering sophisticated client engagement products to companies within the financial services vertical. We are a tightly knit and dedicated group that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products engage customers across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram, email, text, and voice. And every product syncs beautifully to Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, and other CRM systems.
Hearsay is used by more than 170,000 financial advisors and insurance agents. Our clients include Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, New York Life and Allstate. We enable them to get a real-time pulse of field conversations and to trigger more effective targeted advisor-client outreach with AI-optimized calls, text messages, email follow-ups, and social media interactions.
About the role:
- Collaborate with various engineering teams, product management, and design to execute a diverse range of engineering challenges that touch every aspect of Hearsay products
- Write clean and performant front-end code
- Be directly responsible for multiple components within the platform
- Share your thoughts on product features, the user experience, or literally anything else across the company
- 3+ years front-end or full-stack development experience
- Knowledge of current as well as well established component-based frontend libraries/frameworks (preferably React, Backbone, Underscore)
- Solid understanding of HTML, CSS and related technologies
- Desire to cover your work with tests (preferably with Jest)
- You've got experience working across the technical stack, developing modern web apps, and building systems that scale
- Ability to communicate in English (speaking, reading, and writing)
- Understanding of data flows between systems on networks and basic security constructs that are used in on-premise and cloud based enterprise solutions
- Ability to learn new technologies and frameworks quickly
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in software development
Nice to have:
- Django, Jinja2 templates
- Familiarity with build tooling (Webpack, Babel)
- Error management and logging tools (eg. Sentry)
We offer you:
- Central location with fantastic colleagues
- Competitive salary with benefits
- On-site food and beverages