Senior Software Engineer, Retain & Grow
Hearsay Systems is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer (Backend) to join our Retain & Grow team!
As a Software Engineer on Retain & Grow, you will get direct experience designing, developing, testing and deploying services that work at high scale and with enterprise reliability. You'll be working in a startup culture at one of Silicon Valley’s leading enterprise companies; working side by side with engineers that have years of experience designing and scaling extremely large systems.
Hearsay’s Retain & Grow solutions leverage Hearsay's omnichannel communication capabilities and powerful journey engine to drive business outcomes specific to financial services sub-verticals (wealth, property and casualty insurance, etc.) via client engagement. Our team is hyper-focused on building advisor-client relationships to increase client retention rates and grow the advisor’s business with every client. In addition to driving the client retention and client growth portion of the advisor-client engagement lifecycle, Retain & Grow is the primary owner of Hearsay’s 1:1 client engagement capabilities, including texting, voice, direct messaging, and other communication channels.
About Hearsay Systems:
Founded in 2009 by Clara Shih and Steve Garrity, and helmed by CEO Mike Boese, Hearsay Systems leads the field in offering sophisticated client engagement products to companies within the financial services vertical. We are a tightly knit and dedicated group that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products engage customers across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram, email, text, and voice. And every product syncs beautifully to Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, and other CRM systems.
Hearsay is used by more than 170,000 financial advisors and insurance agents. Our clients include Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, New York Life and Allstate. We enable them to get a real-time pulse of field conversations and to trigger more effective targeted advisor-client outreach with AI-optimized calls, text messages, email follow-ups, and social media interactions.
About the role:
- Collaborate with engineering teams, product management, and designers to constantly elevate Hearsay Relate’s performance, security, privacy, and scalability
- Collaborate even more: work with the other product teams to ensure that features integrate across products and platform
- Contribute to product architecture to ensure seamless development of new product features and help architect infrastructure to support a fast-growing user base
- Be directly responsible for multiple components within Hearsay Relate
- Mentor other developers to make them as great, or even better, than you are
- Share your thoughts on product features, the user experience, or literally anything else across the company. We want your opinions as much as your tech chops
- You’ve built and deployed REST APIs
- Understanding of data flows between systems on networks and basic security constructs that are used in on-premise and cloud based enterprise solutions
- Experience building enterprise products, SaaS products, or utilizing APIs. SMS gateways, and voice enabled applications experience is a huge plus
- You have worked in a cloud services environment (eg., elastic search, compute capacity, storage strategies)
- You are comfortable (happy, even!) to listen to different opinions, and even change yours when it makes sense to do so
- You truly enjoy working with people of diverse approaches and ways of thinking