Account Executive, EMEA
We're building a platform that strengthens human relationships. Join us!
What are you looking for in your next company? The opportunity to make a huge impact on the business? An open, friendly, curious culture? Smart application of an excellent tech stack? A firm with big goals and tough challenges to solve? If these matter to you, we have some great things to talk about.
Hearsay’s mission is to empower a human client experience in financial services. Over 100 of the world’s leading insurance and financial firms, including Allstate, New York Life, Morgan Stanley, and Goldman Sachs rely on Hearsay’s SaaS client engagement platform to allow their advisors to authentically and intelligently grow business relationships. Founded in 2010, Hearsay has over 200 employees globally in San Francisco, Seattle, New York, Toronto, London, Budapest and Manila, and is backed by Sequoia and NEA.
To further capitalize on the incredible market opportunity and demand for our products, Hearsay Systems is growing our EMEA sales team! We are currently looking for a talented Account Executive in Madrid, Spain (home office/remote position). Is that you?
This is a rare opportunity to join a quickly growing startup with proven market demand and sales. You will be responsible for generating new business and opening new markets, as well as playing a key leadership role in the company as you drive strategic enterprise-wide social media initiatives for companies across multiple Financial Services verticals. You should have a proven track record of exceeding quota in technology sales and be a motivated and tenacious self-starter who is comfortable selling to Marketing, Sales Operations, and other C-level executives.
About the role:
- Construct, forecast, and manage your pipeline of new business opportunities through inbound and outbound efforts
- Manage complex sales-cycles and develop add-on business with existing accounts
- Enthusiastically present the vision and value of the Hearsay Social and our services to C-level executives
- Achieve monthly and quarterly quota assignments and forecast sales activity accurately
- Drive revenue by identifying and closing a list of named accounts
- Establish a professional, working, and consultative relationship with the client by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client
- Provide thought leadership and best practices with regard to new products and services
- Build coalition and support with customer field leadership
- Cultivate relationships across the organization and open communication lines to ensure program success and growth
- Fluent Spanish / French language skills; professional English language skills required
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year university
- 7+ years quota achieving sales success, preferably in enterprise software
- Experience selling to Insurance, Commercial Banking and Investment Advisors would be a strong asset
- Proven experience in consultative selling to VPs across multiple departments
- 3+ years of experience at high growth SaaS company preferred
- Track record of over-achieving quota (top 10% of company) in past positions
- Experience managing the sales cycle from business champion to the CEO/CMO level, with expertise in CRM or advertising a real plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid computer skills including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Salesforce.com
- Customer-focused mentality and a winning attitude
- Familiarity with social media including Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.