What are you looking for in your next company? An open, friendly culture? Smart application of an excellent tech stack? Real diversity? Rock-solid products? If these matter to you, we have some great things to talk about.
Hearsay Systems is looking for a talented Engineering Manager with a strong technical background to join our growing Budapest engineering team to lead our Front-End-focused developers!
As an Engineering Manager at Hearsay, you will spearhead technology efforts and manage a talented group of engineers working on our Sites product. You'll be working in a startup culture at one of Silicon Valley’s leading enterprise companies; working side by side with engineers that have years of experience designing and scaling systems. If this sounds intriguing to you, then read on and apply!
Who is Hearsay?
Hearsay Systems leads the field in offering sophisticated client engagement products to companies within the financial services vertical. Founded in 2009 and helmed by Clara Shih, we are a tightly knit and dedicated group that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products engage customers across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram, email, text, and voice. And every product syncs beautifully to Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, and other CRM systems.
Hearsay is used by more than 170,000 financial advisors and insurance agents. Our clients include Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, New York Life and Allstate. We enable them to get a real-time pulse of field conversations and to trigger more effective targeted advisor-client outreach with AI-optimized calls, text messages, email follow-ups, and social media interactions.
Your key responsibilities:
- Lead and grow a team of software engineers, currently consisting of 5-6 front-end developers
- Supervise and mentor engineers of different seniority levels
- Partner with your Product Manager in defining and delivering the product roadmap
- Create and maintain how the team manages their workload
- Shape and drive our engineering culture moving forward
- Lead and understand the architecture design process, which includes contributing to day-to-day software development challenges
Your skills and experience:
- Experience with leading a software engineering team in a fast paced, delivery focused and cloud-based environment
- Exposure to backend and infrastructure technologies like Python and AWS
- Strong people management skills
- Proven ability to manage stakeholders effectively
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
We offer you:
- Central location with fantastic colleagues
- Extra paid time off
- On-site food and beverages
- Occasional travels to the US
- High level responsibility in an ever-growing startup company