Full Stack Developer
What are you looking for in your next company? An open, friendly culture? Smart application of an excellent tech stack? Real diversity? Rock-solid products? If these matter to you, we have some great things to talk about.
Hearsay Systems is looking for a talented Full-Stack Developer to join our amazing Budapest team!
Hearsay Sites power the consumer-facing sites for advisors at some of the largest financial companies in the world. Our customers can push targeted marketing content both holistically to an entire field team and individually based on a representative’s market and needs. Our sites generate leads and direct consumers to other social media channels, while providing powerful and effective regulatory compliance workflows.
Who is Hearsay?
Hearsay Systems leads the field in offering sophisticated client engagement products to companies within the financial services vertical. Founded in 2009 and helmed by Clara Shih, we are a tightly knit and dedicated group that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products engage customers across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram, and sync beautifully to Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, and other CRM systems.
Hearsay is used by more than 150,000 financial advisors and insurance agents. Our customers include Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, and many of the largest financial services and insurance companies in the world. We enable them to get a real-time pulse of field conversations and to trigger more effective targeted advisor-client outreach with AI-optimized calls, text messages, email follow-ups, and social media interactions.
What this job is:
- Caring about a quality experience for end users: Representatives and customer admins need to have an easy and efficient experience customizing their sites, but they’re only successful if consumers visit the sites and find them easy and useful on every device.
- Building performant, mobile-first websites: We’d like to improve and upgrade the web server that delivers these sites to our customers and their end-users.
- Enhancing the editing experience: we want to be respectful of our customers’ time and attention, and ensure that we make our product easier and easier to set up and mangage.
- Building accessible websites: We think it’s not only right, but cool, to make products that all web users can access and understand. While prior experience with building accessible websites and apps isn’t a requirement, an interest in doing so definitely is.
- Building reliable products: Testing is important. We want to have confidence that our sites work on multiple platforms and can handle all the variety of content our customers will throw at them.
What your day might look like:
- Maintaining and improving our Django sites server. Possibly moving it to NodeJS and making heavier use of AWS infrastructure.
- Refactoring our customizable website theme so it scales to the needs of as many customers as possible. Right now it’s built in React and we’d love to move much of the React rendering to the server.
- Moving our website themes beyond bootstrap where appropriate.
- Helping us transition our website theme and profile editing UIs from Backbone to modern React and Redux.
- Speeding up our sites with better server-side caching, service worker caching, more server-side rendering, better build tools, and maybe even HTTP2.
- Building stronger test coverage so we spend less time and resources on product support.