Accounts Receivable Specialist
Hearsay Systems offers sophisticated client engagement products to companies within the financial services vertical. Our platform is currently used by over 150,000 agents and advisors, providing them with automated workflows and advanced AI that allow them to more easily develop and foster personalized relationships with their existing clients and prospects at scale.
Hearsay is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Seattle, New York, Chicago, Toronto, London, Budapest and Manila and has raised $50M in venture capital from Sequoia and NEA.
As an Accounts Receivable Specialist, you will play an integral part in the day-to-day operations and accounting close with opportunities to work on various projects as the company continues to scale. Working directly with the Sr. Accounting Manager, the AR Specialist will take ownership of the full order to cash accounts receivable cycle and related functions. The desired candidate must be highly analytical and inquisitive with strong attention to detail and should be able to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. You love getting “hands on,” yet also see the big picture, be able to communicate articulately, and is a process-oriented individual who is also flexible and thrives in a startup setting.
About the job:
- Generate invoices through NetSuite and send them to customers in a timely manner
- Review contracts and special terms from Salesforce to ensure customers are billed in
- accordance with their contracts and terms
- Maintain customer data in NetSuite and ensure invoices are sent to the right recipients
- Follow up on outstanding invoices
- Apply payments in NetSuite
- Investigate and resolve customer’s billing questions
- Drive process efficiencies and improvements in the order to cash cycle
- Assist in ad hoc projects and systems implementation as necessary
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 years prior billing and collections experience
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce
- Very strong attention to detail, well organized and able to multi-task
- Excellent communication skill and ability to work with people (Deal Desk and Sales Team) a
- High degree of concern for quality work and deadlines
- Ariba knowledge a plus
- Good understanding of ASC 606 revenue recognition