Software Engineer, Platform
What are you looking for in your next company? Rock-solid products? Enormous, well-defined sales opportunities? A collaborative, friendly culture? Smart application of an excellent tech stack? Real diversity? If any of these matter to you, we have some great things to talk about.
Hearsay Systems is looking for talented Software Engineer for our Platform team!
Who is Hearsay?
Hearsay Systems is transforming how bankers, advisors, and insurance agents acquire and service customers in an increasingly digital and regulated environment. Founded in 2009 and helmed by Clara Shih, we are a tightly knit and dedicated group that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products engage customers across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, email, text, and voice. Every Hearsay product syncs beautifully with Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, and other CRM systems.
Hearsay is used by more than 170,000 financial advisors and insurance agents. Our clients include Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, New York Life and Allstate. We enable them to get a real-time pulse of field conversations and to trigger more effective targeted advisor-client outreach with AI-optimized calls, text messages, email follow-ups, and social media interactions.
We love working here, and we hope you will too!
- Responsible for developing and managing our distributed data storage systems. (25%)
- Developing and maintaining the software and interfaces for interaction with these systems.
- Scheduling meetings with stakeholders around software architecture discussions.
- Act as a first-responder for site reliability issues.
- Serve as the primary designer and architect of these distributed systems. (25%)
- Guiding internal teams for interaction with the designed systems.
- Active development of the implementation.
- Responsible for training our U.S. engineers on the platform’s functionality, its specific debugging and troubleshooting processes, and overseeing the maintenance and optimization of the Hearsay Systems data storage platform. (25%)
- Mentor team members for ongoing improvement in the scalability and reliability of our APIs, Services and other platform components.
- Participate in ongoing development processes on the team.
- Demonstrate collaboration and education within internal team and across the engineering organization.
- Interface with Hearsay Systems employees across all teams to educate them on and develop and document specialized procedures for meeting personal information compliance standards for Hearsay Social’s distributed data storage systems. (25%)
- Documents best practices around personal information such as social media, GDPR, and social media activities.
- Responsible for change management and updates to engineering systems related to social media, GDPR, and social media activities.
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in any technology field, plus 2 years of experience in the job offered, or in a related software engineering position. Employer will accept a suitable combination of education, training, and experience.
- Position also requires two years of experience in the following skills:
- Developing software and web applications in Python, Django, and SQL for distributed data storage systems;
- Configuring and interacting with computing services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure;
- Microservice architecture and REST interface development.