The finance team at Hearsay is a driving force in most of what we do. At its core that means helping set the strategy and making sure we've got the right resources to execute that strategy, all while driving to the optimal financial position. We're excited to find a talented individual to join the team as Director of FP&A!
Reporting into the VP of Finance, the Director of FP&A will be responsible for the elements of Strategic and Operational Planning. This includes helping to define corporate objectives, building a financial plan that supports those objectives and the corresponding scenarios, and a resourcing model that can execute to the plan. In addition, the Director of FP&A will manage two analysts and be responsible for field compensation planning and playing a supporting role in deal structures.
About Hearsay Systems:
Founded in 2009 by Clara Shih and Steve Garrity, and helmed by CEO Mike Boese, Hearsay Systems leads the field in offering sophisticated client engagement products to companies within the financial services vertical. We are a tightly knit and dedicated group that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products engage customers across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram, email, text, and voice. And every product syncs beautifully to Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, and other CRM systems.
Hearsay is used by more than 170,000 financial advisors and insurance agents. Our clients include Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, New York Life and Allstate. We enable them to get a real-time pulse of field conversations and to trigger more effective targeted advisor-client outreach with AI-optimized calls, text messages, email follow-ups, and social media interactions.
About the role:
- Create forward looking models (at least annually) that drive the investment/growth vs profitability/cash tradeoff decisions. This will include ARR and revenue growth, resourcing models, and cash implications
- Establish the strategic business plans with each functional group and the leadership team. Build trusted relationships with key business partners and stakeholders both within the G&A function and cross-functionally.
- Active management of day-to-day operations, including expenses and cash, to make sure the business is running efficiently and meeting financial commitments.
- Develop the field commissions plans in conjunction with field leadership, including setting quotas for the various roles and specific compensation structures beyond the quotas.
- Build Board of Directors and Leadership team presentations that cover key financial information, business results, and KPIs
- Drive steady improvements to and automation of current processes with the goal of freeing up time to a focus on value-added analysis.
- Supervise two analysts – one who takes lead on the financial model and the other who builds the ARR model and the commissions structures.
- 7 years of FP&A experience in the technology industry; Bachelor’s degree in Finance. MBA preferred
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint (and the Google equivalents). Adaptive Insights and NetSuite system familiarity is a plus.
- US GAAP knowledge
- Understanding of SaaS concepts around revenue and costs
- Prior experience in Financial Accounting. Banking/M&A experience is a plus
- Demonstrated success in developing and applying concepts, practices and procedures of Financial Planning and Analysis, including superior forecasting methods and techniques and advanced analytical and quantitative abilities.
- Good understanding of sales compensation structures and are familiar with how to perform commission calculations.
- Possess a growth mindset and develop a thorough understanding of the business so you can identify gaps and provide recommendations on the best course of action.
- Excel at defining what success looks like, what the steps are to achieve that success and program managing during the process to succeed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and can present complex financial information in an easy to understand format.
- Capable of working cross-functionally across the organization and managing relationships with various teams