Director of Content Marketing
Hearsay is looking for a Director of Content Marketing to produce compelling, relevant and timely content that engages, educates and services our customers from acquisition to retention.
The ideal candidate is a creative marketing professional with a strong writing background, excellent story-telling skills, and relevant experience across B2B technology, ideally for financial services. S/he will have a keen sense of what thought-leadership narratives and channels make sense for key stakeholders and will excel at communicating compelling value through various content types.
As a member of the Hearsay marketing team, you will join our mission to elevate Hearsay as the leader in financial services digital, last-mile communications. You will work closely with sales, customers success, and product teams to develop and execute a cohesive go-to-market strategy that drives customer success and demand in the market.
Founded in 2009 by Clara Shih and Steve Garrity, and helmed by CEO Mike Boese, Hearsay Systems leads the field in offering sophisticated client engagement products to companies within the financial services vertical. We are a tightly knit and dedicated group that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products engage customers across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram, email, text, and voice. And every product syncs beautifully to Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, and other CRM systems.
Hearsay is used by more than 170,000 financial advisors and insurance agents. Our clients include Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, New York Life and Allstate. We enable them to get a real-time pulse of field conversations and to trigger more effective targeted advisor-client outreach with AI-optimized calls, text messages, email follow-ups, and social media interactions.
About the Role
- Define and implement a content strategy based on a deep understanding of customer personas, market trends and competitive forces, including the development of themes/topics, content creation, curation and distribution to help drive thought leadership, customer acquisition, and customer success and retention
- Establish a content framework and guidelines to ensure content is adheres to standards of quality, is on-message, on brand, consistent across channels and leveraged to full potential
- Develop, curate and deliver content in a variety of formats (web copy, blogs, whitepapers, submitted articles, infographics, collateral, ebooks, videos, etc.)
- Ensure consistency in style, quality, and tone of voice for all channels including online, social media, email, mobile, video, and print.
- Re-package and distribute existing content across all marketing channels
- Own content measurement and track how content influences customer actions
- Build and maintain positive relationships with influencers, including analysts, the media, and customers
- Manage day-to-day relationship with external public relations agency
- Proven ability to set a strategy, develop sophisticated points of view with input from multiple stakeholders, and activate for flawless execution against a plan
- Ability to speak with C-level executives internally and externally, including guiding speaking engagements and press inquiries
- Experience conceiving and executing PR and AR initiatives
- Adept at translating complex or technical language into compelling, easy-to-understand content
- Analytically minded to keep abreast of the market and competitive landscape and develop perspectives to challenge and press the industry forward
- Financial services industry (or translatable) experience
- MBA preferred, but not required