Director of Customer Success
Hearsay’s mission is to enable a human client experience in financial services. Over 100 leading insurance and financial firms, including Allstate, New York, Morgan Stanley, and Goldman Sachs rely on Hearsay’s SaaS client engagement platform to allow their advisors to authentically and intelligently grow business relationships. Founded in 2010, Hearsay has over 200 employees globally in San Francisco, Seattle, New York, Toronto, London, Budapest and Manila, and is backed by Sequoia and NEA.
Hearsay Systems is looking for an experienced enterprise Customer Success leader responsible for scaling the impact of our team to deliver compelling customer outcomes, drive renewals, and bring digital selling best practices back to our product organization.
In this role, you will lead teams of Customer Success professionals and leaders to serve as Trusted Advisors to our customers, guide customer programs toward measurable outcomes, and successfully manage, renew and grow a portfolio of accounts. You will partner closely with customer executives as well as internal Hearsay leaders across sales, marketing, professional services, product, data science, and finance to problem-solve, deliver on customer needs, unblock obstacles, and and drive strategic initiatives to transform the financial services industry.
This is the ideal opportunity for an experienced leader in client management and business development who enjoys serving in a Trusted Advisor role with customer executives to drive digital transformation.
Team Objectives: Turn customers into advocates by guiding them to deliver business outcomes. Closely engage customer account health and run proactive ROI and intervention plays as needed.
In your first 90 days:
- Visit top 20 customers across North America, delivering digital selling best practices and insights
- Develop and deliver on 12-18 month strategic account plans including customer-centric, forward-thinking program roadmaps
- Establish strong "Trusted Advisor" relationship with senior customer executive sponsors to identify and pursue cross-sell/upsell opportunities in the coming 12 months
- Fully understand the capabilities of the Hearsay platform and obtain requisite level product knowledge
What you will accomplish in this role:
- Develop key executive customer relationships (>70% travel within North America)
- Advise and accompany your Customer Success Manager as a senior account sponsor in strategic accounts
- Serve as point of escalation for customer executives
- Hire, coach and lead a team of customer success professionals and team leaders, developing and expanding their leadership capabilities and domain expertise in digital marketing and CRM
- Become an expert on digital marketing and CRM in wealth management and insurance, and become a Trusted Advisor to customers and Hearsay internal teams
- Own customer adoption and renewal metrics, and drive the plan to attain and exceed goals
- Motivate team members and inspire customers through leadership
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of process, efficiency, and productivity
- Master our product capabilities and how they can be applied to achieve client business goals
- Engage and inspire clients to co-market their success via speaking engagements, webinars, press releases, and testimonials
- 12+ years of experience in the B2B technology industry, with at least 6+ years of experience of building and leading customer success organizations including managing and developing people managers
- Ability to build effective cross-functional relationships, partnering with Sales, Marketing and Product Management
- Ability to lead and drive a high-performing culture that retains top talent and develops future leaders for our team through
- Deep understanding of digital marketing and CRM You have a high level of business acumen and an understanding of how marketing and revenue leaders work and think
- You have a proven track record of successfully renewing and growing an enterprise SaaS customer portfolio year after year
- Financial services domain experience a plus
- Strategic Consulting experience a plus
- You always strive to make your teammates and yourself better, with a focus on continuous self-improvement