Principal Product Manager, Actions
What are you looking for in your next company? The opportunity to make a huge impact on the business? An open, friendly, curious culture? Smart application of an excellent tech stack? A firm with big goals and tough challenges to solve? If these matter to you, we have some great things to talk about.
We're looking for a veteran Principal Product Manager for Hearsay Actions, a critical component and strategic driver of the Hearsay Advisor Cloud. Hearsay Actions build on the power of the Hearsay channels and the Hearsay communication platform. Actions leverages our omnichannel communication capabilities and powerful journey orchestration engine to drive business outcomes specific to both financial services sub-verticals (wealth, property and casualty insurance, life insurance, etc.) and specific phases of the engagement funnel (e.g. discovery, lead generation and conversion, and servicing).
Hearsay Actions is still in its early stages, with tremendous room for market definition, scoping, TAM expansion, and maturation. In short, this is an opportunity for a broadly-skilled, very senior, Product Manager to exhibit full lifecycle skills and drive a product in a greenfield market while working collaboratively and cooperatively with a broader Product organization.
Hearsay’s mission is to empower a human client experience in financial services. Over 100 of the world’s leading insurance and financial firms, including Allstate, New York Life, Morgan Stanley, and Goldman Sachs rely on Hearsay’s SaaS client engagement platform to allow their advisors to authentically and intelligently grow business relationships. Founded in 2010, Hearsay has over 200 employees globally in San Francisco, Seattle, New York, Toronto, London, Budapest and Manila, and is backed by Sequoia and NEA.
About the role:
- Work with some of the most collaborative, smart, and driven people you've ever met.
- Partner with an experienced go to market team that has a deep subject matter expertise while being open to creative market experiments.
- Ensure that the Hearsay Actions product team and the company at large are aligned on product value, vision, strategy, requirements, priorities, and success criteria.
- Partner with Go To Market, Operations, legal, and finance teams to drive highly cross-functional outcomes.
- Work closely with customers, customer support, professional services, sales, and prospects to deliver features that are both tuned to drive customer business value and clearly measurable.
- Understand and evolve current and future market opportunities to ensure we’re building the right things, now and over the long haul.
- Exhibit the very best of collaboration and cooperation skills given the highly interconnected nature of Hearsay Actions.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with internal and external stakeholders and across many situations including presentations, articulating value propositions, negotiation, listening and synthesis, thought leadership, and workshopping.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking skills across several key axes: business value, market research, strategic collaboration, readily-gained product knowledge, market understanding, value discrimination, brainstorming, management of non-functional requirements, and management of limitations and trade offs.
- You love working with a diverse group of people, thought processes, and approaches and can value and benefit from that diversity of perspective.
- Demonstrate maturity in several practices, methodologies, and skills, including: requirements definition, strategy definition, and vision definition, prioritization, research, mentorship, solutioning, collaboration, making yourself visible, innovation, data-driven design, metric-driven decisioning, process and backlog management, time management, and general leadership.
- Experience in SaaS products, delighting the user and helping deliver tangible and measurable RoI to the buyer.
- You put the team and the company--and most importantly measurable business value--above yourself.
- You have significant product management experience with enterprise products.
- You're a great leader, bringing a strong combination of oversight and independence, always looking to help your team and your peers be more successful in what they do.
- Empower your teams and help them up-level the impact they can have on the organization, putting the success of the team above your personal success.
- Successful experience interfacing with Go-To-Market teams and getting to the crux of the business problems to be solved.
- Comfortable with technical terminologies and co-developing solutions with engineering teams and other Product teams with which you collaborate daily.
- Influence your peers in the Product organization and have driven win-win outcomes for the organization.
- Demonstrated self-starter, capable of staying on track while pursuing solutions with minimal supervision while remaining highly open to input.
- Work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.