Director, Product Management - Business Solutions
We're looking for a visionary and business-outcome-oriented Director, Product Management to join our Hearsay’s Business Solutions product team! This role offers significant room for market definition, scoping, TAM expansion, and maturation. In short, this is an opportunity for a broadly-skilled and very senior Product Manager to exhibit full-lifecycle skills and drive a product suite in a rapidly expanding market while working collaboratively with and managing a broader Product team.
What is Business Solutions?
Business Solutions is responsible for delivering differentiating and accretive business value across the entire advisor-client engagement model, composed of three product management groups: Reach & Attract, Nurture & Convert, and Retain & Grow.
Hearsay’s Reach & Attract offering drives advisor and enterprise brand presence and discoverability, attracting leads through a number of channels, primarily advisor web and social network presence. Our Nurture & Convert offering focuses on driving business outcomes via client engagement for our customers as they nurture leads and convert those leads to clients across social, text, voice, and other channels. Our Retain & Grow offering focuses on maximizing retention and lifetime client value with a primary focus on intimate one-to-one engagement channels such as text, voice, and direct messages.
Hearsay’s business solutions build on the power of the Hearsay engagement platform and relies on Hearsay’s Ecosystem and Data & Analytics solutions to drive engagement and measure and orchestrate outcomes. They leverage our omnichannel communication capabilities and powerful journey engine to drive business outcomes specific to financial services sub-verticals (wealth, property and casualty insurance, life insurance, etc.).
Who is Hearsay Systems?
Founded in 2009 by Clara Shih and Steve Garrity, and helmed by CEO Mike Boese, Hearsay Systems leads the field in offering sophisticated client engagement products to companies within the financial services vertical. We are a tightly knit and dedicated group that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products engage customers across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram, email, text, and voice. And every product syncs beautifully to Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, and other CRM systems.
Hearsay is used by more than 170,000 financial advisors and insurance agents. Our clients include Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, New York Life and Allstate. We enable them to get a real-time pulse of field conversations and to trigger more effective targeted advisor-client outreach with AI-optimized calls, text messages, email follow-ups, and social media interactions.
About the role:
- The Director, PM, Business Solutions, is accountable for setting the vision and strategy for Hearsay’s products enabling enterprise and advisor brand presence
- Ensure that the Hearsay Business Solutions product team and the company at large are aligned on product value, vision, strategy, requirements, priorities, and success criteria
- Establish a clear trajectory for the product and solution set, demonstrating immediate competence in one or more financial services sub-verticals (wealth management, life insurance, P&C insurance, etc.)
- Partner with Go-to-Market, Operations, Legal, and Finance teams to drive highly cross-functional outcomes
- Work closely with customers, customer support, professional services, sales, and prospects to deliver features that are both tuned to drive customer business value and clearly measurable
- Understand and evolve current and future market opportunities to ensure we’re building the right things now and over the long haul
- Within three months, demonstrate a thorough understanding of the product/solution set and articulately and compellingly describe the value proposition of our software as it applies to these markets
- Within six months, act as a thoughtful advisor to our go-to-market team and to customers and prospects, share an assertive point of view about where the industry is headed and the critical value of Hearsay’s products and solutions in moving the industry forward
- Able to apply your intimate financial services market knowledge and experience to creative, first-in-industry solutions
- Experience in SaaS products, delighting the user and helping deliver tangible and measurable RoI to the buyer
- Putting the success of the team and market before yourself: your ego is used for good, not evil
- Exhibit the very best of collaboration and cooperation skills given the highly interconnected nature of our business solutions
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with internal and external stakeholders and across many situations including presentations, articulating value propositions, and negotiation
- Strategic thinker across several key axes: business value, market research, strategic collaboration, readily-gained product knowledge, market understanding, value discrimination, brainstorming, management of non-functional requirements, and management of limitations and trade offs.
- Love working with a diverse group of people, thought processes, and approaches and can value and benefit from that diversity of perspective.
- Demonstrate deep maturity in several practices, methodologies, and skills, including: requirements definition, strategy definition, and vision definition, prioritization, research, mentorship, solutioning, collaboration, making yourself visible, innovation, data-driven design, metric-driven decisioning, process and backlog management, time management, and general leadership.
About you as a leader:
- Proven yourself as a great leader, bringing a strong combination of oversight and independence, always looking to help your team and your peers be more successful in what they do
- Empowered teams and helped them up-level the impact they can have on the organization
- Put the success of the team above your personal success
- Comfortable with technical terminologies and co-developing solutions with engineering teams and other Product teams with which you collaborate daily
- Influence your peers in the Product organization and have driven win-win outcomes for the organization
- Demonstrated self-starter, capable of staying on track while pursuing solutions with minimal supervision while remaining highly open to input
- Successfully work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.