Industry Principal - Insurance or Wealth Management
The Industry Principal is a key leadership position within Hearsay, a spokesperson for our vision to the industry, a co-author of our long-term business strategy in collaboration with other internal leaders, a key resource for the sales and customers, and an entrepreneur who sees opportunity and can coordinate the organization to achieve our goals.
This role will work with customers in sales processes, understanding their operational pain points and articulating how proactive digital engagement can improve business outcomes. The outcomes of client engagements will be consulting deliverables that will be used to guide client expectations and pilot implementations. The Industry Principal will visit with existing clients to ensure business value is being achieved as expected and to identify new opportunities to leverage Hearsay’s platform to drive additional outcomes.
In addition, working closely with customers and product management, this individual will be responsible for capturing the voice of the customer, developing market requirements, and developing and communicating a product market vision. The successful candidate will possess the strategic skills to understand customer needs and motivations, to develop and deliver new ways of thinking about our solutions, and be a team player who can rally colleagues and customers to go after new opportunities.
The Industry Principal will also partner broadly within marketing and sales: working with corporate marketing to help drive awareness and demand, acting as a critical source for market and competitive intelligence, and providing trusted advice to customers and to the sales team. The position requires someone who is effective at and enjoys engaging with internal and external constituents at multiple levels from front line users to executives to industry analysts as well as building stakeholder support across executives, peers, and internal customers while driving an external message and voice for our products.
The successful candidate will have management consulting experience and subject matter expertise in insurance or wealth management sufficient to understand key business success metrics and digital communication trends/needs therein. The role is responsible for creating original content, understanding competitors and alternatives in the market, providing support strategically and tactically for sales as needed, and working closely with other team members to coordinate messaging/vision with other Hearsay products.
Who is Hearsay?
Hearsay Systems is an enterprise fintech company transforming how bankers, advisors, and insurance agents acquire and service customers in an increasingly digital and regulated environment. Founded in 2009 and helmed by Clara Shih, we are a tightly knit and dedicated group that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products engage customers across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, email, text, and voice. Every Hearsay product syncs beautifully with Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, and other CRM systems.
Hearsay is used by more than 170,000 financial advisors and insurance agents. Our customers include Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, and many of the largest financial services and insurance companies in the world. We enable them to get a real-time pulse of field conversations and to trigger more effective targeted advisor-client outreach with AI-optimized calls, text messages, email follow-ups, and social media interactions.
About the role:
- Be an evangelist driving overall business growth in insurance claims: recruit early adopters, provide market feedback to make our products more interesting/compelling in the market, understand how to position our products to win in the market
- Collaborate with product management and other stakeholders on a vision for market differentiation, leadership, and innovation – and influence and collaborate across the company to drive it forward
- Act as a trusted resource for customers and the sales team; support key sales deals as requested
- Meet with customer executives, managers and front-line users to understand the market problems facing financial services firms today in the area of digital engagement; capture and follow through on that feedback
- Perform customer and market research to understand and effectively communicate market dynamics and customer needs including sizing/segmentation, buying patterns, research calls, and competitive landscape assessment from a global perspective
- Synthesize feedback from multiple sources (customers, sales, services, analysts, and more) into clear and convincing market requirements for the product area represented
- Collaborate with Sales Enablement to prioritize sales and partner needs in the space, deliver core messaging and presentations, deliver and support necessary sales tools and conversations.
- Be able to clearly articulate the business value of digital engagement in claims in order to own, drive, and deliver product/solution positioning strategies, materials, thought leadership, and customer evidence for Hearsay’s products
- Provide content and feedback to Product Marketing in order to tailor, and deliver core positioning, product messaging, thought leadership and customer stories across all media (meetings, presentations, collateral, white papers, web content, case studies, data sheets, blogs and whiteboards) to support our sales and market education efforts, and outbound communication
- Support corporate and customer marketing efforts and campaigns, including: webinars, direct campaigns, event and conference speaking, customer / prospect activities, testimonials, web / blog content.
- Interact and influence stakeholders at all levels, coordinating activities and ensure a collaborative and integrated approach across the company including global sales organizations.
- Be a strong advocate and thought leader for Hearsay in customer meetings, industry forums/events, AR activities, webinars, etc.
- Create and communicate effective competitive analysis.
- 7-10 years of experience in management consulting, pre-sales, or product marketing – dealing directly with customers - in claims or analytics for P&C insurance
- Proven ability to build relationships, collaborate with, and rally individuals and teams that are peers, customer executives, and internal customers including local and global teams. People in all teams must have a respect for the decisions that the successful candidate makes
- Experience building, driving and executing strategy across multiple regions or priority areas
- Leadership – ability to be forceful in articulating and defending a vision, and to influence without direct authority multiple stakeholders. Ability to not take disagreements personally and empathy to understand where others are coming from
- Proven track record of successful positioning work, content generation, and product launches, participating in industry events and engaging key analysts and media
- Objectivity and openness to others' views and continuously builds a positive culture, defaults to team work style and collaborative information sharing
- Excellent skills and talent for communications in all forms and media - spoken, written, visual, presentations, websites, social media, video; formal and informal
- Bachelor's degree in business, technology, product marketing or related field; MBA is a plus
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of time