Engineering Manager, Solution Engineering
What are you looking for in your next company? An open, friendly culture? Smart application of an excellent tech stack? Real diversity? Rock-solid products? If these matter to you, we have some great things to talk about.
Hearsay Systems is looking for a talented Engineering Manager with a technical background to join our growing Budapest engineering team to lead our solution engineering team!
As an Engineering Manager at Hearsay, you will lead key client projects related to the configuration of product, integrations with 3rd-party systems and build-out of any custom feature enhancements. You'll be working in a startup environment at one of Silicon Valley’s leading enterprise software companies; working side by side with Professional Services leads (U.S. based) and engineers that have years of experience designing and scaling systems. If you are a seasoned Engineering Manager with strong project management skills, conversant with a variety of development technologies (even ready to write and review codes) and enjoy solutioning for specific client problems, then read on and apply!
Who is Hearsay?
Hearsay Systems leads the field in offering sophisticated client engagement products to companies within the financial services vertical. Founded in 2009 by Clara Shih and Steve Garrity, and helmed by CEO Mike Boese, Hearsay Systems leads the field in offering sophisticated client engagement products to companies within the financial services vertical. We are a tightly knit and dedicated group that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products engage customers across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram, email, text, and voice. And every product syncs beautifully to Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, and other CRM systems.
Hearsay is used by more than 170,000 financial advisors and insurance agents. Our clients include Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, New York Life and Allstate. We enable them to get a real-time pulse of field conversations and to trigger more effective targeted advisor-client outreach with AI-optimized calls, text messages, email follow-ups, and social media interactions.
Our Budapest team is critical to the whole firm. As a very dynamically expanding office -with a great growth trajectory -our sister offices in San Francisco, Manila, New York, and Seattle rely on us for software development, sales engineering, and data analysis.
About the role:
- Lead and grow a team of Software Engineers and QA Engineers
- Supervise and mentor Engineers of different seniority levels, which includes un-blocking day-to-day software development challenges
- Partner with your Client Engagement and Implementation managers (U.S. based) to deliver key customer projects on-time and within allocated resource hours
- Establish and enforce delivery standards for all aspects of software development from requirements analysis and design to development and quality assurance
- Lead the solution design process, drive key design decisions (in conjunction with clients) and document the architecture appropriately
- Be a point of contact for customers for technical questions about both solutions and core product capabilities
- Experience leading a Software Engineering team in a fast paced, delivery-focused solutions environment
- Solid Project Management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects at a given time
- Strong coding ability, with core skills in any backend languages (ie. Python / Java /Kotlin)
- Familiarity leveraging SDLC tools like the Atlassian suite; expertise in code review, repository management, code deployment standards, and automated test suites
- Knowledge of broader enterprise eco-system of technologies including DevOps, CI/CD, Automated testing (e.g Selenium), Cloud Services
- Strong people management skills
- Proven ability to manage stakeholders and projects effectively
- Outstanding English communication skills, both verbal and written
We offer you:
- Central location with fantastic colleagues
- Great challenges
- Competitive salary with benefits
- On-site food and beverages