Engineering Manager, Platform
It's an exciting time at Hearsay and we are eager to hire a dedicated and inspiring Engineering Manager for Platform specifically overseeing our incredible Client Journey team!
The Hearsay Platform is the pre-eminent omni-channel digital engagement center for the financial services advisor. It tethers the most effective marketing, acquisition and servicing channels in one ecosystem which enables the advisor to focus on the most important part of their job - building and servicing relationships - without the friction of switching between systems or the fear of compliance backlash.
As the Engineering Manager for Hearsay’s Client Journey team, you will guide a team of developers building the client lifecycle management tools for Hearsay’s primary users, including their contact book, engagement history, notifications, and orchestrations. The Client Journey team will transform our user experience from a channel focus to a client-centric workflow focus, while elaborating on the systems that leverage client data. You’ll work with a team of talented developers evolving our systems with modern technologies and development practices to drive increasing value for users managing their client portfolios.
About Hearsay Systems:
Founded in 2009 by Clara Shih and Steve Garrity, and helmed by CEO Mike Boese, Hearsay Systems leads the field in offering sophisticated client engagement products to companies within the financial services vertical. We are a tightly knit and dedicated group that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products engage customers across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram, email, text, and voice. And every product syncs beautifully to Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, and other CRM systems.
Hearsay is used by more than 170,000 financial advisors and insurance agents. Our clients include Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, New York Life and Allstate. We enable them to get a real-time pulse of field conversations and to trigger more effective targeted advisor-client outreach with AI-optimized calls, text messages, email follow-ups, and social media interactions.
About the role:
- Lead a team of software developers making full-stack, user-facing software
- Own and drive the technical outcomes of your team as an enabler, facilitator, and mentor
- Identify process and behavior latencies, mitigate or eliminate them, and improve the overall efficiency of your team
- Continually improve the strategies of your team for technical and process choices
- Encourage and foster employee career growth
- Collaborate with peers in Engineering to drive department-wide continual improvement
- Endless thirst for growth and self-improvement
- Change-embracer, continually searching for opportunities to improve strategies and behaviors
- Passion for growing people and teams, and fostering their ever-greater success
- Absolute focus on delivering value to users, continually and increasingly over time
- Strong technical background in hands-on development of software
- Technology agnosticism in favor of a desire to deliver value
- 2+ years managing and being responsible for the outcomes of a team of software developers