Senior UX Designer
We're building a platform that strengthens human relationships. Join us!
What are you looking for in your next company? The opportunity to make a huge impact on the business? An open, friendly, curious culture? Smart application of an excellent tech stack? A firm with big goals and tough challenges to solve? If these matter to you, we have some great things to talk about.
Hearsay’s mission is to empower a human client experience in financial services. Over 100 of the world’s leading insurance and financial firms, including Allstate, New York Life, Morgan Stanley, and Goldman Sachs rely on Hearsay’s SaaS client engagement platform to allow their advisors to authentically and intelligently grow business relationships. Founded in 2010, Hearsay has over 200 employees globally in San Francisco, Seattle, New York, Toronto, London, Budapest and Manila, and is backed by Sequoia and NEA.
We're currently looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our team!
About the role:
- Design useful, usable, and desirable user experiences in a team environment
- Initiate holistic thinking about complex systems, empathize with customers and understand the business goals to create compelling and effective user experiences.
- Employ design thinking and work with leadership in design planning, developing product strategies, establishing goals and execution plans
- Design and lead qualitative user research initiatives and synthesize findings into actionable design directions
- Organize usability testing sessions using a variety of methods to validate your concepts with stakeholders along the way
- Translate validated concepts into experiences, by means of interaction design and high-fidelity wireframes
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers - from discovery to delivery, and after release
- Show initiative when it comes to assessing improvement in current product experience and identify new opportunity areas
- Follow the internal design system for UI/UX when translating the validated concepts into experiences
- Gather and study analytics to understand user behavior, trends and patterns
- 5-10 years of experience designing and shipping digital products and systems
- In-depth knowledge of the tools and practices of HCD and UX
- Experience designing usable, accessible, and engaging user experiences for mobile and web, based on research and best practices
- Experience in creating designs, with one or more of the following programs or technologies – Axure, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Figma
- User-first mindset — lots of empathy, advocacy, and a passionate drive to do what's right
- Great analytical skills, able to identify problems and come up with solutions
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts clearly and persuasively across diverse audiences
- Humble, but confident, with an understanding of how research, data and instinct play into decision making
- Proactive and have a sense of process ownership.
- Proven ability to manage multiple design requests in a timely fashion, with competing priorities and deadlines
- You are eager to learn continuously
It's a plus if you:
- A background in working with or developing design systems
- A trackable history designing digital products end-to-end
- Experience working with or being part of an agile product development team