Learn about email marketing best practices and the importance of your advisors / agents maintaining consistent, on-brand communications with their clients.
When it comes to having a holistic and consistent digital presence, email plays a vital role in making sure your advisors and/or agents keep the conversations going with their clients. Email marketing allows your advisors and/or agents to nurture leads and develop relationships with clients in ways that are personable, measurable, and scalable.
Not only is email marketing a core digital communication channel, but this approach is budget friendly too. According to the Data and Marketing Association, the ROI for every $1 spent on email marketing is $44-—an astronomical ROI of 4400%. So, how do you develop a strong email marketing strategy that delivers? Here are some critical best practices with which to start:
- Personalization: Personalizing every communication with customers helps build a connection and increase engagement with them. After all, if your advisors and/or agents saw them in person, they wouldn’t greet them with “Hello, valued customer.” In a survey conducted by Econsultancy, 74% of marketers report that targeted personalization increases customer engagement while 94% of companies surveyed agree that personalization is “critical to current and future success.”
- Automation: Automation is an efficient and time-saving way to manage email campaigns while still maintaining personalization. Balancing your email strategy between drip, nurture, and triggered campaigns helps your advisors and/or agents nurture leads, move prospects along their customer journey and suggest relevant, timely calls to action.
- Mobile-Friendly Interface: A study by the World Advertising Research Center (WARC) estimates that by 2025, almost three quarters of all internet users will access the internet with just their smartphones, only reinforcing the importance of having a mobile-first approach when it comes to design. This means designing for a responsive environment that adapts to the screen size used as well as designing with smaller screens in mind overall. What does this mean for your emails? Making them concise and easy to read on a mobile device should always be top of mind.
- Track Your Metrics: While there are dozens of metrics you can focus on to determine how successful your emails are, there are a few foundational ones that all email campaigns are built upon: bounce rates, open rates, click-through rates, and unsubscribes. These metrics alone can help you fine tune your campaigns as they indicate if your emails are: 1) delivered, 2) read, 3) acted upon, and 4) helpful enough to keep receiving.
- Consistency with Social Presence: Just as your advisors and/or agents have their own personal brand, that brand should sound the same in all their online communications. Staying consistent in voice, tone, and content reinforces the relationship they are trying to build with their clients. For example, if clients receive an email that sounds off brand and inconsistent with previous communications, it can be jarring and off-putting and can chip away at the trust your advisors and/or agents have worked so hard to earn.
Just like a strong personal brand or an effective content strategy, email marketing is a crucial tool that keeps your advisors and/or agents top of mind with clients and helps guide them along the customer journey.
To learn more about how to build an effective email campaign around these best practices, check out the recording of our most recent admin webinar, or share these advisor/agent webinars where we discuss more email marketing strategies and how Hearsay tools can help.