In light of the unprecedented situation of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and resulting historic market instability, we want to offer support as you create thoughtful, time-sensitive content to enable your field force to reach out to their clients and prospects in meaningful ways.
It’s been heartening to see the proactive measures our customers are taking during these turbulent times, leveraging our communication tools to reassure clients with a human touch. To amplify the impact of your team’s efforts, we want to make you sure you’re aware of a few tools that can help best deliver these critical communications with authenticity and impact.
- Developments – both market and cultural – are extremely fluid during these times. Content that was suitable yesterday may not be today and may even appear out of touch or insensitive. For instance, customers of ours had March Madness and spring break vacation outreach posts planned. When scheduling content, stay mindful of how quickly things are changing and be prepared to act quickly to remove anything sensitive to ensure your field strikes the right chord with their networks.
- With the news cycle changing so rapidly, creating appropriate new or suggested content offering can prove difficult. To alleviate some of that stress, we created a curated content channel on Market Volatility. Sourced from trusted publications, this feed is aimed at assuaging market fears and providing a long-term financial view. It’s our hope that this may be one less thing for our content administrators to worry about during these anxious times.
- Encourage your teams to be proactive and open with clients. It’s critical for advisors to proactively and immediately reach out to reassure clients that they have a firm grasp on their financial goals and are monitoring the situation. This type of reassuring message can be delivered as a quick one-to-one text or via a one-to-many communication, delivered by a text, email or social media post.
- Look ahead: changes made less than 24 hours before the scheduled publish time may not reflect in all workspaces. Try to proactively plan ahead (as best you can during these times) to ensure your message is consistent and impactful across your field.
- Embrace modified messages: In times of instability, we recommend that Marketing teams create timely messaging to share with their field force that is easily modifiable but offers a personal touch. Here are a couple examples:
- “The recent news about the coronavirus outbreak and its effect on global markets and daily life can be very unsettling and as a result, you may have a lot of questions about what to do with your investments and how to plan for the future. I’m always here and would love to chat with you, please give me a call at [INSERT PHONE NUMBER] or email me at [EMAIL ADDRESS].”
- “In light of the coronavirus news, the same rules apply to your 401(k), your Roth IRA and your face: DON’T TOUCH IT. Reach out to me if you have any questions at [INSERT PHONE NUMBER].”
- Reach out! Your Hearsay team is more than happy to advise and assist you in your content management efforts.
Please refer to this blog post about some other recommended best practices about how you and your organization can create stability during these turbulent times.