How Financial Advisors Can Level Up Their Digital Presence
May 11, 2018
You probably know that having an active social media presence is essential in today’s fast-paced digital world. However, it can feel daunting to know how to get started with setting goals and putting a plan of attack into motion.
This month, Hearsay is hosting a webinar, “Level Up Your Digital Presence,” on ways to help you gamify your social media approach and make it fun, engaging and, most importantly, effective.
Gamify Your Social Media Approach
Gamification is the process of applying game-playing elements to other areas of activity, typically as an online marketing technique to encourage engagement with a product or service. In our webinar, we’ll discuss common gamification techniques that can easily apply to you and your firm, which you can use to help create a fun and competitive atmosphere for your social efforts:
- Point Scoring: Tracking the number of leads, number of cold calls, sale quotas, etc. that you or your team complete
- Leaderboard: Keeping track of which individuals have the most points to foster an environment of friendly competition
- Rewards: Rewarding leaders and individuals with the highest number of points to incentivize top performers
Goal Setting and Unlocking Rewards
Having the right expectations about what you hope to accomplish on social media for your business is critical. Determine your short-term and long-term goals and make sure you write them down. These goals should be measurable, frequently revisited and adjusted as necessary. Think S.M.A.R.T.! Use the framework below to help you define and manage your goals and objectives:
- Specific: Target a specific area for improvement
- Measurable: Quantify or at least suggest an indicator of progress
- Assignable: Specify who will do it
- Realistic: State what results can realistically be achieved, given available resources
- Time-related: Specify when the result(s) can be achieved
Saving Your Game and Reviewing Your Process
In addition to setting goals and developing an actionable strategy, it’s important to look at your metrics to see what’s working and where you can improve. Goals are only valuable if you measure success and tweak the formula!
Once you’ve put a social media plan in action and evaluated the performance metrics, it’s time to tweak your strategy! Perhaps you didn’t achieve the goal you set for your first month. Why not? What could you change so that you can hit that goal next month? How might you improve the type of content you post? After making a few changes to your strategy, continue to experiment and measure your progress until you find the right fit for your social audience.
Are you a current Hearsay customer? If so, join our webinar, “Level Up Your Digital Presence,” on Tuesday, May 15, at 8am PST / 11am EST / 4pm GMT, to learn much more about how you can utilize several of these gamification techniques in your social media program to help you and your team find success. Hearsay’s Customer Education Executive Chris Beck will provide tips on how to set actionable goals and develop a comprehensive digital plan for your business that will directly impact your ROI. Learn how to make social media fun and effective with a few easy tips and tricks to level up your digital presence!
- Why Every Financial Services Professional Needs a Personal Online Brand
- New Survey: Top Advisors Gain Nearly $8M in AUM Through Strategic Social Media Use
- How to Apply 2018’s Biggest Digital Trends to Your Client Engagement Strategy