Financial Industry Leaders Join Facebook, Box, Microsoft to Launch the Advisor Cloud Conversation at 2017 Hearsay Summit
May 16, 2017
The spectacular rise of mobile and social media in the past decade has raised client expectations when it comes to receiving financial advice and engaging with financial professionals. Clients want to communicate digitally, especially via mobile – yet financial advisors and firms are still marketing, selling, and servicing clients exactly as they were in 2007, in the pre-iPhone era.
Advisors are told they aren’t allowed to text for compliance reasons. Their websites are dated and don’t show up on Google or load easily on smartphones. And mounting competition from roboadvice and digital direct-to-consumer options are making clients wonder if a human advisor is needed at all.
This week on May 16 and 17, more than 110 C-level executives from the largest global financial services firms will convene here in San Francisco, Hearsay’s hometown, to discuss the challenges and enormous opportunities facing the industry at our fifth annual Hearsay Summit (#HearsaySummit). We’ll be kicking off our inaugural Advisor Cloud Conversation with two full days of meaningful conversation, connection, and inspiration.
The Wednesday, May 17, program will be streamed live on Facebook starting at 9 a.m. PT. I invite you to watch and join the discussion!
This year’s agenda will include educational salon sessions, intimate roundtables, TED-style talks, fireside chats, and lively panels focused on how the Advisor Cloud will accelerate business value at the field level.
We’ll discuss how automation and machine learning can be used to enable a new type of advisor who is both high-tech and high-touch. We’ll hear how enterprises have successfully leveraged their field force to tell brand stories and connect authentically at the local level, where the real business transactions occur. We’ll address the current cloud ecosystem and how the Advisor Cloud is essential to providing the seamless customer experience today’s consumers expect and demand.
In addition to my opening keynote on “Modernizing the Human Touch,” the line-up and topics include:
- Kristin Lemkau, CMO, JPMorgan Chase & Co.: “Brand Storytelling Through Your Field Reps”
- Caroline Feeney, President, Agency Distribution, Prudential Advisors: “Enabling the High-Tech, High-Touch Advisor”
- Lisa Kidd Hunt, EVP, Charles Schwab and Chairman-Elect, SIFMA: “Driving Growth, Trust, and Loyalty in the Age of Social Media”
- Kristin Kirkconnell, CIO, American Family Insurance, and Telisa Yancy, CMO, American Family Insurance: “Modernizing a 90-Year Old Insurance Company with a Strong CIO+CMO Partnership”
- Matt Dunn, Head of Digital Marketing, Morgan Stanley Wealth Management: “Advisor Digital Transformation at Morgan Stanley”
- Birdia Chambers, Head of Social and Digital Strategy, Prudential Advisors: “Text Messaging with Hearsay Messages at Prudential”
- Justina Cho, Vice President, Head of Digital Marketing and Platforms, New York Life: “Agents of the Future at New York Life”
- Bill Sullivan, Global Head of Financial Services Market Intelligence, Capgemini, and Walden Siew, Senior News Editor, LinkedIn: “State of the Union: Fintech’s Impact on Customers and the Financial Industry”
From Silicon Valley, the line-up and topics include:
- Joe Lonsdale, co-founder of Palantir and founder of Addepar, and Aaron Levie, founder and CEO, Box: “Disrupting Traditional Industries”
- Jeff Feng, Head of Machine Learning, Airbnb: “How Airbnb Does Data Science”
- Neil Hiltz, Head of Global Financial Services Strategy, Facebook; Dave Miller, Global Head, Dynamics 365 Service Cloud, Microsoft; Mike Derezin, VP, Sales Solutions, LinkedIn; and Laura Ipsen, SVP and GM, Oracle Marketing Cloud, Oracle: “The Advisor Cloud Ecosystem: Conversation with Facebook, Microsoft, LinkedIn, and Oracle”
- Preview of talk from Jeff Feng of Airbnb: How Airbnb Does Data Science
- Preview of keynote from Caroline Feeney of Prudential: Enabling the High-Tech, High-Touch Advisor
- Preview of presentation from Justina Cho of New York Life: The Agent of the Future | New York Life
- Preview of fireside chat from Bill Sullivan of Capgemini: FinTech’s Impact on Customers and the Financial Industry
- Key insights from the 2016 Hearsay Innovation Summit
- Photo Recap: Highlights from Hearsay Innovation Summit 2016