6 Quick and Easy Ways to Grow Your Social Business Networks
March 3, 2017
Every month, our Customer Education team holds free social media training for advisors and agents. Here are key learnings from our latest session!
Six degrees of separation is the idea that all living things – and everything else in the world – are six or fewer steps away from each other. In this month’s Hearsay training, we brought that concept to social networking.
We understand that one of the most challenging parts about being active on social for business is expanding the number of followers and connections. What do you do after you’ve asked all your family members and friends?
Our “Six Degrees of Social” training focused on helping Hearsay users understand key ways they could grow robust and healthy networks on Facebook and LinkedIn. During the session, we shared several best practices to expand your network quickly and easily. Here are our six best tips!
Grow on Facebook
- Leverage the power of Facebook Events; post photos during and after any events you host to boost engagement.
- Cross-promote your business page with other local businesses.
- Invite personal friends to like your social business page. (Did you already do this when you first set up your page? Do it again as a reminder for those who didn’t act the first time!) Only those who like your business page will see your page updates.
Grow on LinkedIn
- Check your weekly agenda! Send a LinkedIn connection request to any prospects or clients (and even fellow colleagues) with whom your meeting each week.
- Follow the LinkedIn company page where your top clients and friends work! Companies often share great information that you can leverage as a reason to connect or reach out.
- Join industry related groups as well as groups for industries that your prospects and clients are in. The groups can help you instantly grow your network as well as build your credibility.
According to research from Putnam Investments, a network in the range of 350 connections will link you to nearly 6 million professionals on LinkedIn. So what does this mean for you? That digital rolodex you are working on is critical. Keep it nurtured and the potential selling opportunities could be endless.
See you on social!
Interested in attending one of Hearsay’s free education training sessions for advisors and agents? Contact your Hearsay program manager for more details!
- New Year, New You: 3 Ways to Get Into Social Shape
- #HSonAir Podcast: Customer Spotlight Series – An Interview with Misty Farukh of Raymond James
- A Quick Look at LinkedIn’s New User Experience
- Introducing Social Media Training for Advisors and Agents