#HSonAir Podcast: 12 Digital Marketing Trends in 2017
January 27, 2017
In Episode 97, Brittany Hedin (@justalittlebrit), Executive Assistant in Customer Success and Marketing at Hearsay, joins me to review and expand on the 12 digital marketing trends in 2017 from Business 2 Community.
We also took advantage of having team members from around the world at our global headquarters in San Francisco for our bi-annual company kickoff event, and asked a few individuals to weigh in on their own predictions on what marketing trends we can expect this year.
12 Digital Marketing Trends of 2017
Our podcast will explore:
- The increasing dominance of video ads – YouTube and Facebook have these down, but Google has entered the fray with video advertising within search engine results pages (SERP).
- More live video – Every major social network has jumped on this train and has proved to be the Internet’s shiny new toy. Live video and digital influencers will likely unite in 2017, with product placement and sponsorships becoming more common.
- Mobile’s domination of the desktop – This continues to be on the list, but remains important since the desktop is still fading away and hand-held devices are still on the rise.
- Dedicated apps – An app offers all the features of a mobile-optimized website but in a more intuitive, convenient and accessible way.
- How social conversion is coming– Social media will work as new conversion channels and offer tools to convert prospects directly into buyers.
- How search algorithms will change … and change again – Search engine giants will keep on updating their algorithms to decide what content should get priority and rank higher in search engine result pages.
- The increasing cost of online advertising – As the demand for top advertising spots rises, the prices for online advertising will increase.
- The evolution of unique, high-quality content – The influx of professional writers and video producers will make content marketing more competitive, and there will be a huge demand for niche-based writers who possess knowledge and expertise in their subject matter.
- Conversion rate optimization offering higher ROI – Conversion rate optimization (CRO) helps you track user behavior on your site and identify elements that are producing the highest number of conversions. As a result, marketers can use CRO to funnel more of their existing traffic to sales.
- The evolution of growth hacking – The need for digital marketers to quickly grab their audiences’ attention through social media channels, viral marketing and organic ads in 2017 will take growth hacking to an even bigger level.
- All the big data – One way to use big data is to personalize customer experience and marketing. As businesses mature and put new structures and roles in place, big data will begin to become increasingly useful and utilized. As a result, one-to-one marketing will slowly become more prevalent as brands weigh opportunity and cost, and find ways of introducing it into their messaging.
- Native advertising – Native advertising may be an old method, but market forces should increase its prominence in 2017 because of the diminishing penetration of many ads through ad blockers, reduced social media organic reach and the decline of banner ads.
Be part of the conversation with @victorgaxiola on Twitter using hashtag #HSonAir. If you have a question, comment or suggestion, please send an email to OnAir@HearsayCorp.com. We also invite you to “like” our podcast page on Facebook where we share posts about the podcast, our guests and other fun stuff.
- #HSonAir Podcast: Reflections and Resolutions
- #HSonAir Podcast: Customer Spotlight Series – An Interview with Patrizia Aragona of Raymond James Limited Canada
- #HSonAir Podcast: Customer Spotlight Series – An Interview with Mark McKenna of Putnam Investments