At SXSW: Join Hearsay Social and Wells Fargo to say goodbye to corporate marketing as you know it
March 4, 2013
Planning your schedule for SXSW this weekend? Here’s one session you won’t want to miss:
Say Goodbye to Corporate Marketing as You Know It
WHO: Clara Shih (@ClaraShih), CEO and Founder, Hearsay Social (@HearsaySocial); Renee Brown (@ReneeDBrown), SVP/Director Social Media, Wells Fargo (@WellsFargo)
WHEN: Sunday, March 10, 12:30PM – 1:30PM
WHERE: Sheraton Austin, Capitol ABCD, 701 E 11th St
Traditionally, marketing has been about defining a brand’s key messages and finding clever and interesting ways to broadcast them. But it’s no longer enough to connect eyeballs to ads; today’s marketers must connect people to people. That means going social and saying goodbye to the traditional approach. Marketers must go beyond their internal team of specialists and realize that, in the social world, everyone from the CEO to the local employee is a marketer. That shift in thinking opens up unprecedented opportunities while creating new challenges, because it’s hard to control brand messaging with so many extra voices.
Hearsay Social CEO and Founder Clara Shih (above left), joined by Wells Fargo SVP and director of social media Renée Brown (right), will lay out examples from the best practitioners of social marketing. She will also share valuable tales of what not to do. This session is designed to empower attendees to think outside of the box and get truly social.
Here’s a map to help you get to the session on Sunday:
In addition to Clara and Renée’s session, we’re looking forward to attending several other sessions at SXSW Interactive:
- Putting Customers at the Center of Your Business
- The Secrets of Generation Flux
- WHO: Padmasree Warrior, CTO, Cisco Systems Inc (@CiscoSystems); Robert Safian (@rsafian), Editor & Managing Director, Fast Company (@FastCompany); Troy Carter, CEO/Founder, Atom Factory (@atom_factory)
- WHEN: Sunday, March 10, 11:00AM – 12:00PM
- WHERE: Four Seasons, San Jacinto Ballroom, 98 San Jacinto Blvd
- Measuring Social: The Inchworm & the Nightingale
- WHO: Kate Niederhoffer (@katenieder), Founder, Knowable Research; Sam Gosling, Associate Professor, The University of Texas at Austin
- WHEN: Monday, March 11, 3:30PM – 4:30PM
- WHERE: Sheraton Austin, Capitol View South, 701 E 11th St
- OMMA: What Marketers Should Ask Themselves About Social
See you in Austin!